Personal Injury Attorney in Pueblo, CO
Were you hurt, or did you lose a loved one in an accident in Pueblo? Are you struggling to pay your bills due to expensive medical treatment and missed time from work? If so, you should know that help is available to you.
The Pueblo personal injury attorneys of Earl & Earl, PLLC are here to help you if you have been hurt. We will aggressively pursue compensation from the at-fault party on your behalf. Our goal will be to get you the compensation you need to make you whole again after the accident. If someone else’s actions or inaction have harmed you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us to discuss your case.
A compassionate and knowledgeable injury attorney will be ready to take your call. All we do is represent those who’ve been hurt in Pueblo and across the state. We will put all of our experience and skills to work for you, and we will accept nothing less than the total fair amount you are owed. To learn more, contact us today by phone or through our online form and get started with a free case review.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
At Earl & Earl, PLLC, our Pueblo personal injury attorneys have decades of combined experience with assisting our clients in a wide variety of injury claims. Our firm can help you if you have been hurt due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you could recover compensation for expenses and losses arising from your injuries. Examples of the types of compensation that may be available in a personal injury claim in Pueblo and elsewhere in Colorado include:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation, including hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, prescription medication costs, therapy expenses, and other out-of-pocket costs
- Lost income from missed work, including any bonuses you may have been eligible to receive but missed out on because of your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity because you were disabled due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering caused by your injuries and by the treatment and rehabilitation for your injuries
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life due to physical scarring or disability from your injuries
An experienced injury lawyer at Earl & Earl, PLLC will be able to evaluate your case and tell you what you might be owed by those responsible for your accident. The amount you can recover will depend on your injuries’ nature and severity and the circumstances surrounding your case.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Colorado?
In Colorado, the law limits the time you have to file a lawsuit to pursue a personal injury claim. This limit is known as the statute of limitations. For most personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is two years. The period starts to run from the date that your injury occurred.
However, for personal injury claims involving motor vehicles, such as car, truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian accidents, the statute of limitations requires that your lawsuit be filed within three years of the date of the accident. If you file a lawsuit in your personal injury claim after the statute of limitations has expired, you run the risk that the court may permanently dismiss your claim.
Common Types of Serious Injuries
Serious injuries suffered in an accident or incident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless conduct may give rise to a personal injury claim by the injured victim. Some of the most common examples of serious injuries that lead to personal injury claims in Pueblo include:
- Brain injuries, including comas, or long-term cognitive/memory/behavioral/motor skills issues
- Spinal cord injuries, including temporary or permanent paralysis
- Facial injuries, including permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Burns, including complications from burn injuries like infections or disability due to extensive scar tissue
- Broken bones, including fractures that require surgical repair or that leave you with chronic pain or permanent physical disability
- Orthopedic injuries, especially tears, ruptures, or herniations of soft tissues like tendons, ligaments, muscles, or spinal discs
How Our Pueblo Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
When you may have a personal injury claim against a person or entity that could have been responsible for the harm you have suffered, a Pueblo personal injury lawyer from Earl & Earl, PLLC may be able to help you by:
- Providing a free consultation and frequent communication throughout your case to walk you through your legal rights and options and give you a firm idea of what to expect at every stage of your claim
- Understanding your goals and needs so that we can prepare a personalized legal strategy tailored just for your case
- Thoroughly investigating your case so that we recover the evidence we need to hold the parties at fault accountable for your losses from the harm you have suffered
- Working with accident reconstruction, medical, vocational, and financial experts to help us develop a strong, persuasive case that establishes your right to compensation from the at-fault party or parties
- Filing your claims with insurance companies and handling the settlement negotiation process on your behalf
- Advising you on the best course of action throughout your case, including when going to court or trial represents your best option for securing the results you want and deserve
The personal injury attorneys of Earl & Earl, PLLC will be ready to help you if you have been hurt in an accident in Pueblo. We know that accidents are not always purely “accidental,” and if someone else’s negligence has harmed you, we want to seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
When you hire us, we will represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t owe us anything unless we secure full and compensation for you. To learn more, contact us today and receive a free, no-obligation consultation. We will be ready to sit down with you to discuss the specifics of your accident and explain in more detail how we can help you.